Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interior rattles (dash, headliner)

Thanks
    Mine as well. Near the pilar between the front and back passenger, that whole section vibrates at about 2000 RPM - 4000 RPM range. Annoying. Next time I'm in, I'll have this checked. I don't mind the cheap texture of the stock, I bet it would look great in leather. But I don't have that laying around. :-(

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Same. Mine vibrates right over the drivers sunvisor. Pretty minor detail. I think ive mentally tuned it out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

interior rattles (dash, headliner)

Well if you want to tell them that my car will be in at Nissan Hunt Club Wednesday night for Thursday with a list of things to be done; dash rattles in cold, head liner rattles, seatbelt still twistead, driver door alignment, loud growling noise when driving hard left and not right, including a mention that the engine still making a knocking sound around 2000 rpms when the engine is hot, windows keep freezing up .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    the dash rattle in cold is very common and super annoying.
    i have never had a car with such an annoying noise, audible even with the radio on.
    i had mine fixed, started making the sound at 4k km.
    they had to dissasembly entire dash, apply some kind of insulation material and put all the pieces together again.
    driver door noises sometimes comes from under the seat belt plastic near the door frame, is the result of baddly done WELDING, had to fix mine at 200km, they had to weld some parts again, also very common problem, they also asked me if was only one side or both lol, thank god only one side was faulty.
    from windows i get a rattling noise when are lowered only a little bit, i think there is no fix for this, same for the head liner rattle.
    about the overhaul of the engine, factory hasnt shipped the parts yet, so is the lawyer who will give me the news, this is no longer in my hands.

ps. a little off topic, does anybody had the steering columng knocking noise/sensation when going over speed bumps or irregular pavement fixed?? had the entire column replaced with the 2 joints but still knocks.
    i think is bad clearence on the axle of the electric motor of PS.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 01-04-2016 at 09:41 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    driver door noises sometimes comes from under the seat belt plastic near the door frame, is the result of baddly done WELDING, had to fix mine at 200km, they had to weld some parts again, also very common problem,
    Can you point the location out. I'm having a hard time grasping it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    i cant point it exactly because i was not present at the dealer when the repair was done.
    took them 2 days to locate the noise.
    i can take picture from where i think is coming if you want, just let me know (they pointed the area when i asked them the root of the noise).
    As far as i was told it can happen in both sides and bad welding can be present in 2 different areas.
    also the dashboard noise took another 2 days because they have to dissasembly and add insulation and test, if noise is not gone more insulation and test, and so on.
    are you having the steering column noise/loose sensation??
    in south american forums is present in 100% cars, i think problem is aggravated because road here are in very bad shape compared to north america, but this problem was a chronic issue in 1st gen versa, and it seems it hasnt been fixed yet or they are still using same faulty part supplier.
    there as a recall for this in several countries, but at least here replacement parts did not fix the problem.
    i am 99% sure problem is axle in electric motor.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 01-04-2016 at 11:30 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I get the dash rattle a little bit its pretty damn cold here. I expect that to happen honestly.

Steering. Have your bearings checked- I know. It sounds completely nuts.

But I had a sensation where the car felt more loose when steered to the right instead of the left. Like there was more resistance one way compared to the other. Turned out to be a LH wheel bearing was shot and causing play in the wheel as there was a lot of play inside of the bearing to the point where the camber could change up to 20' (+10'/-10' from zero) when on the lift. It was replaced and I haven't had a steering issue since.

Road conditions do play a factor in this. If your roads are bad with lots of sharp potholes, then you will see tie rod ends (often the outer, but rarely the inner) and ball joints die sooner, followed by shocks over the long term.

For the headliner, what I did was I took a long pin and stuck it in the headliner over my head at a 45' angle. For whatever reason it seems to hold the headliner away from the metal just enough to stop the rattle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Post a picture for the seat belt rattle area and the head liner pin

Thanks
    Name:  IMG_0855.JPG
Views: 1696
Size:  24.3 KB
    Right where the poppy is. You can substitute for whatever long pin you like. A sewing needle might be more discrete.

Name:  IMG_0856.JPG
Views: 1687
Size:  29.3 KB
    And this is the angle youre looking for. You want to use the pin to push the headliner away from the sheetmetal of the roof a little bit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Admin note: I separated the interior rattles talk from the other thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...