Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Micra suitable for high speed highway driving, long distance

Thanks

Edmonton to Las Vegas & Death Valley and back

Hi there, we recently (in February 2017) drove our 2015 Micra from Edmonton to Las Vegas & Death Valley and back; if you would like to hear how our Little Guy handled the snow storms, driving rain storms, high mountain interstate highway driving at 80+ mph, some desert off roading and the Las Vegas traffic, come check our our post under the Micra Photography topic. Hope this info helps!

Link to trip description & photos: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post17842

Last edited by MetroMPG; 03-06-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: (added link)
    Nice!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micra In The Mountains For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks!

I added the link to your post with travelogue and pics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    As a tall driver I would prefer a vehicle with more room. Over 100KMH it will use more fuel which is typical of all Nissan vehicles.
    So I prefer my Volkswagen Jetta TDI naturally. We keep this little guy for city. IMO, If you can run a Smart car all over Alaska, why not a Micra all of NA!

I wish they would design a gearbox for cruise at 120 ish that's what kills it. They design it for city speed > 80/90 km/h efficiency so above that it's in the power band and wants more fuel.

If I could cruise at 2000ish rpm maybe 2500 tops is be happy.
    But I think that's a lot to ask of an n/a 1.6 .. A turbo with 200hp no problem..

But it is what it is .... ( until it gets an sr20vet with 6 speed MT)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    I wish they would design a gearbox for cruise at 120 ish that's what kills it. They design it for city speed > 80/90 km/h efficiency so above that it's in the power band and wants more fuel.

If I could cruise at 2000ish rpm maybe 2500 tops is be happy.
    But I think that's a lot to ask of an n/a 1.6 .. A turbo with 200hp no problem..

But it is what it is .... ( until it gets an sr20vet with 6 speed MT)
    I quite agree. It is what it is and its a great car. a 5 or 6 speed auto would be great but then Nissan kept costs down to keep it at 10K entry. An option would be fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
    I quite agree. It is what it is and its a great car. a 5 or 6 speed auto would be great but then Nissan kept costs down to keep it at 10K entry. An option would be fantastic
    Or make your own options...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-06-2017)