Thread: How does the Micra drive in winter?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question How does the Micra drive in winter?

I have been thinking about the Micra as we saw them all over Europe. I am just concerned about the performance in the winter. Our current car (which we are keeping) is like a tank so I am a little spoiled. I got offered a great deal on one sitting at a local dealer but I am just concerned about safety in the winter. Anyone have any issues?

Thanks
    Pretty awesome. See for yourself:

Note that the reason I was stopped was because I wanted to see what the other cars were going to do. Sometimes, when cars get stuck on a hill like this, they can slide out of control and into other cars, and I didn't want the thin sheet metal of my (then) brand-new Micra to get dented. Once I was sure it was safe to proceed, I had no trouble whatsoever.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-16-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks AlphaMicra, that definitely puts my mind at ease about winter driving. Now I just need to convince the hubby.

Thanks
    What part of the country are you in, Beebomb?

Four good winter tires on a front wheel drive car with traction control, anti-lock braking and stability control means there's not much to worry about.

PS: welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Good point MetroMPG. We are in eastern Ontario, and as my the hubby grew up in mountains there is no question for us about winter tires.

We have been trying over the past few years to take a "less is more" attitude as we have downsized our vehicle choices. Our now "big" car is a MB 200 turbo, and we love it. We really like the idea of the smaller Micra or Fiat as a city driver. I think it just takes some adjusting to start rethinking cars in general. Personally I love small cars, I wish we had more choices.

Thanks
    The money saved by downsizing to the Micra means I can take the 407 ETR when the 401 is a mess. I still tend not to take it out of principal, but getting home an hour or more sooner matters more to me.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I put on 4 winter tires last year and had no problems at all =]

Thanks
    I thought this topic was familiar...

Thread: Micra in the snow & ice -- how does it drive / handle?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Besides all the driving stuff... Our cars are meant to absorb the shock in the right places and protect the ppl inside with, what is it 6? Airbags? In any case, I hate small cars, but I love this one, and feel safer then in my 1994 Volvo 850turbo wagon. Which was crashed, an I kinda wish I had this car, back then, when the beck taxi made an illegal uturn , off the right lane, without signalling or looking. Being light i could have slowed down more, the other points I could make are more old vs new. But the point is .. There safe. Should be fun this winter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...