Thread: Potential Buyer Questions

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Potential Buyer Questions

I am hoping someone could answer some of this for me before I go to the dealer for a spin. I am only interested in the standard transmission micra s without AC or any other options.

Rear heat ducts:
    1) Are there rear heat ducts under both front seats?

2) Do they work for both heat and cool (non ac) air?

3) Will air come out of the rear heat ducts even if the control is set to the windshield defog position – any other position?

Front side vents:
    1) Can they be positioned for the side windows to defog?

Cargo light:
    1) What will activate the rear cargo light to come on?

2)Will the rear cargo light come on if you turn the front map light on with all four doors and hatch closed?

Gear, Speed and RPM.
    1) Can you tell me the RPM and what gear you’re in?
    at 50 KPH
    at 60 KPH
    at 70 KPH
    at 80 KPH
    at 90 KPH
    at 100 KPH
    at 110 KPM

Thanks!

EDIT
    Rear Head Rests
    1) Are they easily removed and put back in?
    As I will be driving alone mostly I would like to keep them off for better rear view and just put them in when I carry rear passengers.

Last edited by Eye; 11-01-2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Fogot last Q

Thanks
    My responses are in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    I am hoping someone could answer some of this for me before I go to the dealer for a spin. I am only interested in the standard transmission micra s without AC or any other options.

Rear heat ducts:
    1) Are there rear heat ducts under both front seats?
    Yes, there are.

2) Do they work for both heat and cool (non ac) air?
    Yes. If the ac is on, they will blow AC. If its off it will be regular air. And if its heated it will be heat.

3) Will air come out of the rear heat ducts even if the control is set to the windshield defog position – any other position?
    No, Rear seat heat ducts only work in the Foot, Foot and panel, and defrost and foot positions. If its set to defrost only then it only goes to the windshield.

Front side vents:
    1) Can they be positioned for the side windows to defog?
    Yes, and the micra does not have dedicated ports for defrosting the side windows, so they have to aim at that to defog them.

Cargo light:
    1) What will activate the rear cargo light to come on?
    Opening the trunk.

2)Will the rear cargo light come on if you turn the front map light on with all four doors and hatch closed?
    No, it only activates when the trunk is opened.

Gear, Speed and RPM.
    1) Can you tell me the RPM and what gear you’re in?
    at 50 KPH
    at 60 KPH
    at 70 KPH
    at 80 KPH
    at 90 KPH
    at 100 KPH
    at 110 KPM

Sorry, I have an auto.

Thanks!

EDIT
    Rear Head Rests
    1) Are they easily removed and put back in?
    As I will be driving alone mostly I would like to keep them off for better rear view and just put them in when I carry rear passengers.

Yes. They have tabs on the posts to remove them. Takes about 30 seconds for both.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Eye (11-01-2015),MetroMPG (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Hi Eye, welcome to the forum.

Engine RPM info is here. The manual is quite revvy, a not uncommon complaint from owners. (Though you do get used to it.)

Thread: Gear ratios: 2015 Micra transmission, 5-speed & automatic (speed vs RPM) UK also

When is the test drive? Please let us know your thoughts once you've gone for a spin.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eye (11-13-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry I took so long to reply.

Thank you for the very useful info Anonymous. I’ve been reading the forum threads and am very sorry to hear about your engine problems.

Thanks you for the RPM graph MetroMPG. Can you or someone verify that those are real world situations in those graphs?

Something come up (financially) and I won’t be able to go for that test spin for a while.

Another question. Do all four windows roll down “ALL” the way down?

I’m an older guy mid 50s and its time to down size and I like the looks and the price of the Micra – although that engine thread is really scarring me.

Did you folks know that they are blowing away the Versa Note S 5-speed for less money than the Micra S 5-speed? I like the looks of the Micra a lot more but the Versa comes with many more standard features like A/C, heated remote mirrors and a bunch of other stuff in the “S” no option model.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    Thanks you for the RPM graph MetroMPG. Can you or someone verify that those are real world situations in those graphs?
    Those are calcuated values based on tire size and transmission gear ratios. They're basically what you'll see in real life, not counting fairly small variations from speedometer/odometer calibration differences and tire wear over time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Also, keep in mind. My engine problems are not "normal". There are probably 20 of us with the issue that we know of. Out of over 10,000 cars. Rougly 0.002% More then an acceptable failure rate. In fact, that's a very good statistic.

In other words, I would still recommend the micra and don't let the figures dissuade you. However.. I suggest that if you intend to keep the micra, I'd consider the extended warranty myself. I do it on all my cars from now on. Including the wife's new jetta.

I did ask about the Versa 5 speed at my dealer. And yes. When you make the trim levels equal and give the micra the same features, the prices are almost identical. The big difference is availability.

The issue with the versa 5 speed is going to be, how many are able to be had at that price. There will be very.... very... very few. This is mainly to stick a low price on the car, get you into the dealership and try to upsell you up. And if you want the lower one, it will likely be sold out before you get there.

Old trick.

Right now there are heavy discounts on the Versa and Senta to try and move them out of the showrooms as there is an excess of 2015's in the wake of the micra. People buy the micras almost 3 to 1 over the versa. (I think, there is a stats page somewhere in the forum)

The versa however is a great little car as well. I found the performance to be... less then the micra as it's the same engine in a car with a little more weight (2417lbs vs 2302lbs in the micra). But a lot of components are shared between the two. Both cars are small 5 door hatchbacks, it's just more of a quesiton of which you personally prefer. My mother in law bought a versa right after my micra. I think her's is butt ugly and she thinks my micra is ugly too. Why not check both of them out, sleep on it and see how you feel?

Last edited by Howie; 11-14-2015 at 01:57 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...