Thread: Official Micra Cup news (expanding to Ontario in 2016)

Thanks

Official Micra Cup news (expanding to Ontario in 2016)

It's official the micra cup will be returning to Quebec as well as Ontario next year This was announced by the President this weekend.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Yay!

More ontario venues would be nice.. Hello Nissan.. We know you launched the car in Quebec, but a lot of your customers are here too!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That's fantastic news! Pete: how far away from you is Mosport... or whatever it's called now? Shannonville is ~2 hours from me.

This is going to be fun.

Excerpts from the official press release:

JD Promotion & Compétition and Nissan celebrate the inaugural Micra Cup season and announce expansion to Ontario

Three Ontario race weekends added to the calendar for 2016 season

October 31, 2015 - Mississauga, ON – Last night in Montreal, JD Promotion & Compétition and Nissan celebrated the inaugural season of the Nissan Micra Cup with a gala event for those involved in making the first season a success – drivers and their teams, the series organizers and staff from Nissan Canada. At the event Christian Meunier, president of Nissan Canada, announced that for the second season, the series will expand to Ontario, growing to eight race weekends, with three of these happening in Ontario and five in Quebec.

"We knew the Nissan Micra Cup was a great idea but the level of excitement and enthusiasm for the series, as well as interest in participating, far exceeded our expectations," said Meunier. "The affordability of the series attracted a diverse group of drivers in the first season, and demonstrated that it's not only a great bridge from karting to car racing, but it's also a series for those who always dreamt of racing. Adding races and expanding to Ontario will attract even more drivers to the series, and will allow us to demonstrate the fun and affordability of Micra to more Canadians!"

With two races each weekend, there will be a total of 16 races over the course of the 2016 season, 10 in Quebec and six in Ontario. For the championship, 12 races for each driver will be included in their personal total.

The full race calendar and more specific details for scoring will be announced at a later date.

"The success and interest in the Nissan Micra Cup proved Canadians are hungry for spec series racing and this encouraged us to expand the series next year with more races, but also beyond Quebec's borders, into Ontario," said Jacques Deshaies, owner of JD Promotion & Compétition and the series promoter. "Even before announcing this expansion, we have a number of new drivers interested in participating next year, so we anticipate more cars, and even more excitement, on the track."

[...]

"The decision to expand to Ontario is a testament to the efforts of all those involved in Québec – JD Promotion & Compétition, the drivers, their teams, the series organizers, and my own team at Nissan. I congratulate them all on their part in bringing exciting and affordable racing to Canada, and I can't wait to start the 2016 season," concluded Meunier.
    http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...ion-to-ontario

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Canadian tire motorsports park=50 minutes
    Shannonville motorsport park = 100 minutes
    Both much closer than tremblant however i will likely be going to some Quebec races anyway.
    I think this series is ready for some longer races maybe an stand alone race at some point.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    So let the moving advertising campaign begin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-04-2015),ptbo micra (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Nice. Where the heck did you get that?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I can't say where I got it, I will say that I am happy that I did
    It is a genuine real deal micra cup hood decal like on the 23 and 24 cup cars.

Thanks
    Yes lets start the moving advertising campaign for the Micra Cup in OntarioName:  micra decal002.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  95.7 KB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polar01 For This Useful Post:

Pete (11-04-2015),ptbo micra (11-04-2015)