Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inside job postings:

Inside job postings:

If you got the inside scoop on a job. Share. Internal postings are great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Pete (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    That is an awesome idea man. I will post here frequently as I know my job after 24 years is ending soon and my wife has three jobs and is always showing me internal postings from each. Some I am not qualified or not intersted in for sure will post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That is an awesome idea man. I will post here frequently as I know my job after 24 years is ending soon and my wife has three jobs and is always showing me internal postings from each. Some I am not qualified or not intersted in for sure will post here.
    Wanna teach me your job then give them my resume lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What are you guys doing for work now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Ive been making use of my forklift license for the 7 years, but am really tired of university grads in management completely screwing everything up.

Their cost cutting and penny pinching makes it hard. Their get it done fast, but do it right, and fix everything else at the same time, and did I mention fast method doesnt work.

Alot of them have a inventory system thats super basic and when they dont train the new temps how to
    Use it correctly and then dont follow up on it, it creates a big mess.

Alot of them use negative re-enforcement. So just doomed to fail.
    Moral sucks, people are constantly ditching stuff in wrong lanes, hiding damage, stealing out the back door with no alarm or security guard. They constantly put away stuff in the lane its posted to ( which to a noob ) which makes sense. Except thats a dummy code. When its sitting on the dock after being unloaded, we post it to the lane the transfer order spits out (a better system knows how many can fit and will consolidate lanes or split load accordingly. We have to do that manually. Which requires thinking. Thinking is not a strong point for afternoons or midnights..

So we have to look up in the system where all the product of that type is. And if it fits. Put it there.
    Seems simple enough right?

We have a million + square foot warehouse.

Lanes A-L ( minus i ) which have bins 100-210 ( so 55 each side of the lane, even on one side odd on the other.
    There high value cages, ss lane, racks against the back wall, and a damage area.

Tvs are L,K,J .. H was empty like 2 weeks ago, stoves, fridges, dishwashers are in A-G ( really filling up)

So when a dummy code posts an inbound tv load to the back section of H lane cause its open and the rest are in L or K

Say L167 can hold 480 56" ultra hd smart tvs
    But we have 6 other spots with 1/2 that or 3/4 that amount.
    They will get find a new lane and post it there.

If the outbound system tool from 1 lane until empty it wont be as bad.
    If the system knew it had a bunch of half loads and split a full trailer into 100 qty loads and posted then to bins that could 100 and would then be almost full that would be awesome.

But it doesnt, and nobody cares, and management doesnt care about anything but hitting numbers.
    So S.O.P. Changes by the minute. On the fly. And is usually in direct contradiction to what they just instructed us to do the day or hour before.

There are several items which are posted to 15+ bins through out the warehouse.
    Maybe 2 bins are full. (Say480) the rest have like 200 cuz there stack wrong or put in sideways or something.

I just finished clearing 2 lanes at the back by the racking ( and posted everything to the racking)
    Because the lanes are set up to be "narrow isle" reach truck lane. But they mad it 2 tight for even squared loads, and all of our load are irregular size and over hang. Also the rest of the trucks can go down them, and theres only 1 reach truck. Fail.

So we emptied 2 lanes so clamp trucks could putaway on the floor if needed and drive down the back wall.

A few days later midnights put a full load blocking the racks and the back wall lane cause management forgot to block the lane in the system. *face palm* days later still not fixed...the biggest piss off.. Is they would have got me to fix it again.

Thats my rant for now..

Thanks
    Very similar story here three million square foot warehouse except our management team has been promoted from within by saying what senior management has wanted to hear and not for qualification or education. This has resulted in employees bring blamed for the failure of our company even though poor management decisions happen almost daily and cost our company millions of dollars with each of these poor decicions. Everyone including myself wants a buyout or to be severed off so they can move on with their lives.I personally have no interest in working for a boss who has been with the company a fraction of the time I have and that knows nothing about what we do and has breath that smells like he gargled diarrhea. No raise in ten years although they just gave raises to newbies likely to keep them above the rising minimum wage. In the mid nineties there were 3500 employees at my facility now maybe 400 are left.Most of the good workers and managers we used to have are gone either on there own or been severed. After 24 years there I am ready to move on but can just quit so I just keep showing up hoping today is the day I get severed or the company folds completely so I can move on. Rant complete.

Thanks
    I do know that there is some hiring going on in my area for forklift operators..

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/job_search_....submit=Search

Not sure if thats what you are looking for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Oh.. If your looking for something more unionized per say and on salary..

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc....age=&log=false

^ This is where the government of canada posts its jobs.. If you have forklift qualifications, look for supply jobs in your area. Its usually seen as an asset. They might not have something RIGHT NOW, but there is grumbling where I work at getting some new hires because the internal hire system didnt bring up any results.

I do warn you tho. Working with the DND is confusing at best and often can be stressful because of poor management as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This is what's up where I work... some specialized stuff though.

http://flyingcolourscorp.com/?page_id=327
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ptbo micra View Post
    This is what's up where I work... some specialized stuff though.

http://flyingcolourscorp.com/?page_id=327

Aviation jobs is my cup of tea !

Ton of fun

CMM