Thread: Video of Micra air intake tubing rattling at idle

Thanks

Video of Micra air intake tubing rattling at idle

Found my issue!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

Found my issue!
    Hey, just checked mine and I think you found a symptom of another problem... may be that your engine is running rough for some reason?

That black craplastic piece is kinda floppy on my car too, but the engine runs so smooth that it doesn't vibrate at all.

Good luck to all you guys.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-14-2014)

Thanks
    It is a little floppy on mine.. The engine seems to be running just fine, however I did notice the tube that runs from the craptastic part to the airbox, that ribbed flexible part is a LOT more flexible then when I bought it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    It is a little floppy on mine.. The engine seems to be running just fine, however I did notice the tube that runs from the craptastic part to the airbox, that ribbed flexible part is a LOT more flexible then when I bought it.
    Yup, maybe it's just your video (not sure) but what I mean is... the snorkel leading to that plastic thingy over the battery, they seem to be moving, vibrating?

Mine does not do that, engine idles smooth as glass...nothing vibrating. (in neutral , manual tranny)
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi guys,

Sorry to bump this old thread. I just purchased a brand new 2015 Micra 1.6L with less than 70kms on the clock. After driving it today, I noticed that the black intake snorkel has A LOT of vibration at idle. Once the radiator fan kicks in, it dissapears. Is this vibration normal? Although there is no knocks or anything, the vibration on the intake tube is very noticeable near the battery area(right side of engine bay).

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    That part is a flexible rubber. It will be affected by temperature conditions. Seriously though unless you have engine or wheel vibration that you can feel I wouldn't worry about it in the least bit. It's meant to flex, with flex you get vibration. You got a new Micra, enjoy it.

It's funny my uncle and I were looking at that part last weekend thinking for however stupid and useless it looked, Nissan probably spent over a 100 grand engineering it for some specific function. And here we are with our cold air intakes and vocational education thinking that we are going to do them one better. lol sigh. I want a cold air intake.

Last edited by Vapor; 08-09-2016 at 02:11 AM.