Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: HR16DE light turbo kit (fits Micra 1.6L K13)

Thanks

HR16DE light turbo kit (fits Micra 1.6L K13)

This needs further investigation by someone like Impul, PTBO or Metro to find out the true cost of this and everything that is involved with getting this done in Canada. With the way our engine was assembled with the whole block being twisted and everything makes me afraid to take the head off of it to try any decking or milling. So a turbo kit like this may be the only way to get BIG reliable power out of this motor. A couple things I notice about this kit info is that the stock HR16DE in the QASHQAI has 119 h.p. versus our 109 h.p. so the compression ratio is likely higher in that version of the motor.ECU? Would you have to ship it to Greece to get it done? This is on the versa forum but the thread sort of fizzle's out.

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/eng...8/topics/12370

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmfmug_NJ_g

After having the juke for a while I like turbo cars

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Here are pics of the kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    These to.

Ill look into this for sure!

Its a piggy back, so you keep your stock ecu and add this.

It basically tells your ecu "look mate, everythings fine, nothing going on here"
    Then tells the engine and sensors " okay gang, so this is what we're gonna do... Injectors- more fuel, o2sensor - rich rich rich.. But not too rich so its a waste... Just dont let it get lean.., everyone else just do as your suppose to and act normal, if anything starts going bad, let me know ASAP, and we will adjust it before you can say ... Well, anything. "

The ecu the qashqai uses is pepped up for higher octane, and yes I think is 10.2 cr to our 9.5cr ( if my memory serves me )
    The lower cr of ours makes it safer, but still would ABSOLUTLEY REQUIRE PREMIUM FUEL.

It wouldnt hurt to monitor individual cyl exhaust gas temperature to confirm that there is not a lean environment.
    4ch egt gauges are cool. I recommend auber instruments.

The kit is $3,000usd plus $300usd shipping plus duty and import fees.

The IMPUL SUPERCHARGER is about the same.

With the exception of the piggy back, all the other pieces can be sourced or custom made.

The piping kit will not fit and would need mods as the engine is placed and fitted differently.

Versa intake on a micra has shown us this.

I will find out what EXACT turbo that is and an compareable ones.

The numbers they discussed seems right.
    Lowpressure 4.5psi hi flow ( cfm ) turbo. One said k03 (vw)
    I think its almost a mitsu td04-13g.

So for the assumed total of $4,300CDN PLUS taxes and duty.
    Im pretty sure I could create a turbo kit for this car. Call it $5,000.00

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-06-2015),Pete (09-14-2015),ptbo micra (09-14-2015)

Thanks
    Ok thanks Impul. I figured out the piggyback thing but wasn't sure if it would work on our ECU. Electronics is my weakness for sure.I can do quite a bit of mechanical stuff no problem but unless it has a carb and a distributor cap I cant tune!!! Socketing in chips pinning this depinning that forget it. I can relocate the battery and make a trailer harness but install an audio system no way! Tell me these base S's aren't begging for a turbo thou.
    Last edited by Pete; 09-14-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Youd need to look at the ecu pin outs to see if anything was move to a different pin. But other then that there programming is the same-ish, since its overriding the programming anyways, the signal the sensor/equipment send/receive is essentially the same.

I have a turbo calculator that I made on a spreadsheet.
    I used;
    14.3 atmospheric pressure
    .98 VE
    12 a/fr
    .55 BSFC
    2psi pressure loss
    120f intake temp

I get a pressure ratio of 1.5 and 150hp @6500 @ 4.98psi @16.5lbs/min
    Low point @ 3750rpm est. 112hp 0psi 1.2pr 12.3lbs/min

Now we can map a turbo

Gt2056 77% eff. 110,000rpm 10lbs and 1 pr room to grow 140hp-260hp
    Gt2252 78% eff. 115,000rpm same 170hp - 260hp
    Last edited by IMPUL; 09-14-2015 at 11:36 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Id go with the GT2252, more efficient, bogger inlet, smaller outlet( but still open enough to be efficient )

Lots of lag tho, but thats the engine, not the turbo.

The small displacement and low tq numbers means youll reach 0psi just after 3500rpm or so
    But this is a good thing. Our car dont dump in fuel untill then anyways.
    3500-6500 will rise very quickly to whatever boost limit is set. 5psi seems to be the safe number tho.

Starting with a N/A engine which runs in vacuum, means that while the turbo is only producing 0psi
    There is vacuum that has been countered already.

This means that instead of sucking air into the engine, its being pushed in.
    Again this is safe.

When the fueling increases and the max tq is reached the turbo will begin creating positive pressure.

Atomspheric pressure is 14.3psi where I am.
    Lets say this engine runs a 7 psi vacuum.

The engine has less pressure then the atmosphere.

So 0 psi on a gauge is really the turbo adding 7 psi of boost to compensate the vacuum.

When the gauge shows 5 psi, its actually more like 12psi vs the N/a mode ( assuming the vacuum is 7psi )

I would say that if you didnt want a standalone ecu then a proper water injection system and adjustable fuel pressure regulator would help. But this means you need gauges so YOU, and spot something wrong, and not the computer.

As long as the fuel is good, and exhaust temps are good, your not leaning out, then with in reason, the stock ecu should be able to handle the turbo. There is about 20% more room in the maf, i havent a clue about the injectors tho.

But the engine is allowed up to 5% methanol, so maybe some methyl hydrate in the water injection would help this.

Basically your physically tuning it instead of messing with the brains.

But that means the wmi must be properly tuned for progressive spray.

So Its kinda like adding stuff so you can turn up the fuelimg like you would with a mechanical injector pump.
    Only, kinda electronic.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Pete (09-15-2015)

Man, am I good or what... So check this out. The gt2252S is a nissan oem turbo for : Application: Nissan Diesel Trade 3.0L engines, year 1996, OEM No. 14411-69T00

Manufacturer code BD-30 Ti (3.0)
    Engine family BD
    Fuel diesel
    Cubic capacity 2 953 ccm (180 cui)
    Performance 88 kW (120 PS) @ 3600
    Torque 255 Nm (188 ft/lb) @ 2100
    Year of production from year 1999
    Fuel preparation Direct injection (DI)
    Supercharging: Turbo charger
    Camming OHC
    Cylinders 4 / In-Line
    Valves no. 8
    Compression ratio 17.2 : 1
    Bore x Stroke 96 x 103 mm

It is meant for 1700cc-2500cc and 150-260hp ..
    The BD30ti had 118hp and was a 3.0lt so you can see a little +/- is ok.

So theres a couple good things here. A turbo designed for use for a 3lt high comp. Diesel.
    Its meant to be reliable, and because its Garrett its rebuildable.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-06-2015),ptbo micra (09-15-2015)

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/380239619423?_mwBanner=1
    $1180

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/T25-T28-5-bolt-...906?nav=SEARCH
    $80