Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HR16DE light turbo kit (fits Micra 1.6L K13)

Thanks
    That is a nice looking piece. I have a friend who is a retried engine builder.He has an old school automotive machine shop in his garage with all the modern welding equipment. This guy has built engines for cascar, wheelstanding drag cars, alcohol burning super modifieds you name it. He loves beer! I am going to show him all of this and see what he says. He is really bored in the winter so you never know he may want to take this on just for something to do. He has takin a real interest in my micra ever since his girlfriend also bought a juke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That is a nice looking piece. I have a friend who is a retried engine builder.He has an old school automotive machine shop in his garage with all the modern welding equipment. This guy has built engines for cascar, wheelstanding drag cars, alcohol burning super modifieds you name it. He loves beer! I am going to show him all of this and see what he says. He is really bored in the winter so you never know he may want to take this on just for something to do. He has takin a real interest in my micra ever since his girlfriend also bought a juke.
    Well if it works out for you you should find out if he wants to do 2 of them lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I will see what he says about the whole thing. I can't get a hold of him on weekends this time of year as racing is still going. Im just tired of my wife sneaking up on me at stop lights here in town and then blowing by me when the light changes and yelling TURBO out her window at me. Its terrible.

Bwahahahahha... Ahe sounds hilarious!! I like her style

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Im just tired of my wife sneaking up on me at stop lights here in town and then blowing by me when the light changes and yelling TURBO out her window at me. Its terrible.
    That made me laugh out loud, literally. Thanks for the chuckle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    is that s with out without ac?

Thanks
    I will see what he says about the whole thing. I can't get a hold of him on weekends this time of year as racing is still going. Im just tired of my wife sneaking up on me at stop lights here in town and then blowing by me when the light changes and yelling TURBO out her window at me. Its terrible.
    You have a wonderful wife.

She wouldn't have one of these stickers in the back window by any chance?
    Name:  PassedGirl.jpg
Views: 1855
Size:  84.7 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilGeckos For This Useful Post:

Pete (02-27-2016),Wynter (02-26-2016)

Thanks
    Here you go Pete, all the power to you!

Name:  nos.jpg
Views: 1847
Size:  26.1 KB

My ex had NOS in his SHO, but nothing like this! My son used it and blew his motor up on the Toronto Motorsports Park track.

Thanks
    Was just looking at Johnuk's very nice supercharged micra.
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...(Garage-entry)

So can someone here who knows something about engines explain why this supercharger couldn't be adapted to the 1.6 litre motor?
    Supercharger just ramming air anyway no?

Thanks
    Not that specific one, but you could get a centrifugal supercharger and stuff it where the AC compressor goes.

You would want to start real low on the boost scale and work your way up. Stock ECU only has so much flex. But of course, if you replace that with say.. megasquirt or something like that, those dual injectors would have a hoot.

I dont think it would be too far from it. Some jukes are turbocharged.

Check this out...

Ok.. So this is the top of the engine bay, looking down at the ac compressor. Pull that out and the lines and you have a space where the charger would likely go.

I mean there wouldnt be a lot of room for it, but depending on the size of the thing if it was a right hander you could run the intercooler and lines pretty easily I think. Theres a bunch of room behind that plastic bumper.

Last edited by Howie; 03-03-2016 at 11:39 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...