Thread: After a year and a rough winter..

Thanks

After a year and a rough winter..

Definitely still love my Micra but here are the very few little irks I have with it after a year and a harsh winter (Quebec city).

The paint. I know it's a under 10k car but damn the paint is thin and so is the primer or the clear coat. After a winter, the paint's full of litlle rock chips. Mostly on the hood, bumper and fenders. I've done alot of touch up but new ones just keeps popping out. If things keeps going that way, this car will need a new paint job in a not so long future.

Aside from the paint, there's a squeaky noise coming from the drivers side door. I just can't tell where it's coming from exactly and I don't always hear it. Maybe it's the door hinge, I'm just not sure. Gotta look more into it.

Also I had a loose bearing that was doing a clicky noise as the car was going forward from a stop. It was fixed at the dealership as I was doing my first oil change.

Again, still an amazing little car and so much fun to drive. Just had to share the not so fun part.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MicraQc For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-07-2015),ptbo micra (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Mine does not have that much dammage from going on the highway, but I only do about 20 km per day on the highway.

Do you have a lot of construction around? there is no car that will resist rock impacts, no matter if it is a luxury car or a 15,000$ one. If you have such dirty roads in your area, maybe you should have some protector film installed. I only have one little rock chip on my hood, and maybe 2 on the front. I now try to avoid the highway as much as possible because there is construction and the highway is dirty and full of lose rocks.

The Micra has a very flat nose which is making rock impacts more likely. This is not a problem for those who do more city driving.

My boyfriend has a Honda Civic 2012 and he does a lot of highway so the front of his car is full of paint chips.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    15 km highway at the most per day. So, less than you. Already have protector film. Paint quality is my only complain really

Ive got a couple chips and dents, i swear it dents/chips if you look at it the wrong way. Lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Ive got a couple chips and dents, i swear it dents/chips if you look at it the wrong way. Lol.
    Yes light body metal for sure. The fact that every time I close the hatch I am afraid of putting a dent with my thumb or that you can feel the wiper motor run in the brake pedal or that the wipers on full rocks the car back and forth and so does my dogs panting. It's light for sure by way of thin metal. Paint job looked good but the durability sux.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes light body metal for sure. The fact that every time I close the hatch I am afraid of putting a dent with my thumb or that you can feel the wiper motor run in the brake pedal or that the wipers on full rocks the car back and forth and so does my dogs panting. It's light for sure by way of thin metal. Paint job looked good but the durability sux.
    Yes, very good looking paint job. Durability, not so much.

Thanks
    MicraQC: merci for the update.

I think there are several owners who have mentioned wheel bearings now. Let me look...

Yup: anonymous, also MicraS

(links to where they describe the bearing issues)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Ours had 40k on it and had 3-4 stone chips that had started to rust already (so they went right through to the bare metal).

Mind you my wife does drive by a quarry every day on her way to work and is often stuck behind large trucks

On our new one I'm either going to spray it with that 3m paint protector or get something applied to help prevent the chips.