Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micra stalled on the highway, low RPMs.

Thanks
    Any stall condition is considered unsafe as it can cause a loss of steering assistance and braking power. They shouldn't have given you the car back knowing this. Not to mention, being stuck on the side of the road increases being hit by rubberneckers.. (Think 401 idiots)

I had a rental vehicle when my wheel bearing went- seems like your dealership is full of lunkheads in the maintenance department at the service desk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Any stall condition is considered unsafe as it can cause a loss of steering assistance and braking power. They shouldn't have given you the car back knowing this. Not to mention, being stuck on the side of the road increases being hit by rubberneckers.. (Think 401 idiots)

I had a rental vehicle when my wheel bearing went- seems like your dealership is full of lunkheads in the maintenance department at the service desk.
    401 is where I stalled, too. Had to put my hazards on so people could pass me. Once I got it started it was fine. I couldn't afford to miss another client for the day as I knew I would have to call a tow truck later since it was getting worse.

They said it had something to do with an intake valve malfunction? I'm assuming an intake valve related to fuel. Does anyone know why something like that can happen? I don't drive my car erratically or anything but I do drive it a lot for work.
    My fear is dead. Ambition drove the hearse.

Thanks
    Valve malfunction is quite vague. My old Focus used to sputter at idle and it was carbon buildup on valves or injectors I think as some fuel system cleaner seemed to do the trick. Then again, the focus was 9 years old at the time. That should not be the case on a newer motor.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    Intake valve malfuntion.So what part did they order you the last time you were in that would take a week to arrive? An intake valve? Please please tell me you are not having this happen at Willowdale nissan as they seemed really good there the last time I went. Have you been changing your oil at regular intervals? Was there engine noise when it was jerking besides the sputtering? I wonder if they were referring to the throttle valve? Thanks for the update and keep us posted on this please.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Intake valve malfuntion.So what part did they order you the last time you were in that would take a week to arrive? An intake valve?
    Same part, the intake valve. Waiting 2 to 3 weeks for it to come in. They said they additionally cleaned a sensor as well and that that would stop the stalling/jerking. Funny enough, they called me this morning and they were all, "yeah, the reason your car is doing that is because of that part we need". WELL DUH. I could have told you that. I had a feeling it wasn't really fixed but I trusted their judgement. Learned my lesson.

Please please tell me you are not having this happen at Willowdale nissan as they seemed really good there the last time I went. Have you been changing your oil at regular intervals? Was there engine noise when it was jerking besides the sputtering? I wonder if they were referring to the throttle valve? Thanks for the update and keep us posted on this please.
    Not at Willowdale Nissan. Oil is being changed regularly (as I drive the car for work, I keep it maintained - so I can avoid situatons like this). I couldn't note any other noise other than the sputtering. I don't recall hearing any knocking or clicking but was keeping an ear out for that.
    My fear is dead. Ambition drove the hearse.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    saddly this is a very common problem here in south america.
    first they use original interface to reprogram the idle values on the throttle body and check fuel quality and clean thorttle body.
    if that does not work, they replace entire throttle body and pray for new part not being deffective.
    probabbly they are waiting for that part in your case.
    please let us know how the story ends.
    Common test to see if your car is having this problem is to let the engine warm, accelerate on neutral and see if rpm drop to around 400-500 and then raise to 650-800.
    also with engine warm if when turning lights on greatly reduces rpm throttle body is defective.
    also when engine is warm, if you turn off the car, and after some seconds/minutes while still warm if your car performs like the one on the following video, throttle body with problems
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSs_s7Xr-ZI
    will share videos from inside of the car tonight.

Last edited by gonzagnr; 09-03-2015 at 11:30 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...