Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sumitomo Z32 brake caliper swap

I have some options for bolts from carlson. Just need to figure out the current length of the mounting bolts.
    I have a feeling they are 35mm +/- so the bolts for a versa pn "H821" which are 43.25mm should be fine.
    If not I'll find a grade 10.9 17mm hex m12x1.25 by "x" mm

My washer style spacers are being worked on by the mechanic at my work. Hopefully he has time to do them tmw.

I'm picking up a fender roller tmw after work to start rolling/flaring the fenders.

Edit:
    The versa bolts from carlson have an unthreaded section which make then unusable.

I ordered m12 -1.25 thread pitch 50mm long grade 10.9 bolts with a hex flange head. Cost with shipping $29.
    Believe it or not brafasco and other bolt companies did not have this in stock and had minimum order requirements of 100 or more.

Bumper quick releases have arrived and bolts will be here soon. With any luck I'll be doing this install next Sunday.july 24th. I have not flared yet.

Last edited by IMPUL; 07-15-2016 at 10:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Loading .... 89% complete
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-18-2016),Vapor (07-19-2016)

Thanks
    Updating... DO NOT shut off your car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    any uptade on this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by n15sk4 View Post
    any uptade on this setup?
    So here's where it stands ..
    I have *fingers crossed* all the pieces I need.
    I even have the fender roller.
    I still need a heat gun. So I don't bugger up the paint.
    I need time.
    The fender rolling alone will take me about an hour a side. And then there is everything else.
    Quick release bumper bits.
    Rear Brake lines
    Front brake lines
    Calipers.
    I figure a good solid 4-5 hours.
    At the same time I want to remove the uprated front suspension so I can fab the tabs to reconnect the sway bar.
    Another hour or so.
    There is also some rubberized spray is like to coat the inside of the fenders with since I removed the plastic liner.
    This way when I roll the fenders it will have a z-tuned look to the fenders. Which will help vent the engine bay and wheel well. Another 2 hours.
    Add this to being in a bsmt and working in a drive way another 2 hours walking back and forth getting things I need.
    And beer breaks ... At least an hour.
    Oh and documenting the process. Add an hour . What's that like 13hours ?

And it's still February lol. Crap....
    What I would give for a heated garage workspace for the weekend...

Unless that happens it will probably have to warm up abit before I can proceed.
    And since it's tax, er, I mean RaceKar stimulus package season I'm sure some other projects will start blossoming << get it, spring time, blossoming...