Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new owner - fuel economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

new owner - fuel economy

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, but have visited many times. I have been looking at the Micra since it's debut to Canada last yr. I took delivery of my sv automatic Aug 1. I keep my settings on avg. l/km all the time. I know the car is only 2 weeks old but I am currently avg. 5.7 with the ac on...solo driving city/highway. The only thing that I can think of in achieving such good gas mileage is that I do not rev the engine past 3,000 rpm's. Give it a try and post your results. Saving $$$ on fuel puts a huge smile on my face.

PS - love the look of the hood when I'm driving (mini cooper???)

take care...

Thanks
    Welcome,
    5.7 is respectable. However the computer display is out on most cars, even a scangauge is out to a certain amount but much closer.
    After 15 tanks i'm showing a difference of .7 L/100km in the actual numbers, verse the display.

I average about 6.5L/100km and the display shows 5.7L/100km. This moves around, but is the average of what i get. My current tank is showing 5.4 L/100km which real world is going to bring in about 6.1 L/100km

Still great numbers...Enjoy the Car.
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham18ce For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-14-2015)

Thanks
    My computer show .8 lower than my actual fuel consumption. so if my computer display 5.2, I am actually doing 6.0.

You can use www.fuelly.com to calculate your real fuel economy, as tracking your odometer vs liters consumption is the only way to know for sure your real fuel economy.

I have no clue why our computers are so far off from the real thing!

Mine (SR automatic) vary from 6.0 best tank with 60% highway/40% city, to around 7.1 when I do 90% city with AC on full time.

In winter is a real pain...as my fuel economy can get as bad as 10.0 in worse cases with traffic jam, heating and lots of cold start/short trips to work.

Overall though, I am very pleased with the car fuel consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham18ce View Post
    Welcome,
    5.7 is respectable. However the computer display is out on most cars, even a scangauge is out to a certain amount but much closer.
    After 15 tanks i'm showing a difference of .7 L/100km in the actual numbers, verse the display.

I average about 6.5L/100km and the display shows 5.7L/100km. This moves around, but is the average of what i get. My current tank is showing 5.4 L/100km which real world is going to bring in about 6.1 L/100km

Still great numbers...Enjoy the Car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-14-2015)

Thanks
    Welcome, micrampg!

Glad you sorted out how to post here.

And glad you're enjoying the car's MPG. It's capable of much better than the official numbers when driven moderately.

What car were you driving before?

Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    My computer show .8 lower than my actual fuel consumption
    Yup, both the Micras I borrowed from Nissan had optimistic gauges as well:

• the SR automatic's gauge was 4.5% optimistic over 2 fill-ups (940.5 km total)
    • the base S 5-speed manual was 8% optimistic over 2 fills; it said 4.4 L/100 km and actual consumption was 4.8

You can use www.fuelly.com to calculate your real fuel economy, as tracking your odometer vs liters consumption is the only way to know for sure your real fuel economy.
    And don't forget you can use our own fuel economy log too. Currently 16 Micras (1.6L) averaging 6.7 L/100 km over nearly 80,000 km. http://micra-forum.com/mgarage.php

Give it a try and post your results.
    FYI, in case you haven't seen it, there's also this thread:
    Micra 1.6 real world fuel economy / mileage reports from owners

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    2005 Toyota echo 5 speed 50+mpg all day long...great car.

Thanks
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the Micra!

Thanks
    Wow - another former Echo driver. There more than a few members here who made the same move into a Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yup, I made the switch from a 05 Echo 5spd too. Great car, but I wanted some bells and whistles.

I agree with the bonnet comparison to the Mini. I am actually considering mini style bonnet stripes
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    600k per tank 2 fill ups avg.

Thanks
    Before my engine replacement, I was about 6.7L/100km on the display. 90% city tho. New one is a little bit higher around 7.0 but once it breaks in it will settle im sure.

I think the best I got it down to was when I got back from Nova scotia. 2.5 tanks of fuel for the whole 1500km... So I figure about 750 a tank. Still. Im happy with that. I was putting my foot into her a little through montreal, and cruising around 120 with the AC on.. Nothing to complain about at all.

(Expecially when you consider my 06 grand caravan gets around 14-18l/100k)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...