Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2.5" mandrel bent cat back straight pipe.

2.5" mandrel bent cat back straight pipe.

I went into zorro muffler and had this made

Attached Images Attached Images    

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    how much did it cost? Also how does it sound?

About $510

And

LOUD! *Snap,crackle, pop.. Be-cause- race -car.... Lol*

Think 1 half of a v-8's dual exhaust with straight pipes.
    Its basically the same. Not a whiny buzz like a honda but a deep thoaty hum
    Like a small block v8. From 40-110 in 4th and 5th gear you can make it quiet.

When I downshift it rumbles and occasionally has 1-8 backshots( not big omg im gunna break my car ones but little " thats sounds cool" ones.. 91vpower probably helps that )
    Again not unlike a muscle cars gurggle. No its not a tuned borla or stillen
    Exhaust. Its sounds like racecar.. raw engine, no foul gasses tho

2" would make it quieter and keep more low end tq

Im not sure if ive lost any, but i was warned that i might. But the less resrictive exhaust
    Has opened the top end abit more. I can hit almost 140 in 3rd. Before it was 120.

From that alone it seems ive shifted my power band to the right a abit.
    Tires still shred rubber in 1st, abit more power in low 2nd. Were i would always start to grip
    And bog the engine in 2nd ( with spin ) now it doesnt bog as much and can continue.

Turns a cute car into a racecar monster hellbent on death mayham and destruction ..
    Your neighbours will hate you, youll drop gear into neutral everytime you see 5-0 ,
    Old people with shake their heads, youths will break there neck looking.

All in all, id do it again.... Because... RACEKAR!

Ill load a video when my mic cooperates.
    I have made one already but the sound didnt record. #Iphonefail

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What's the tip (muffler) that you have on the end? I can't tell from the pics is it galvanized or what type of material?

I believe.. The system is galvenized. The tip is stainless.
    2.5" to 4.5" angled, and rolled.

I want to make the tip blue, but then the warrenty on the tip is void. Lol
    So ... Im gunna make the tip blue soon.

You could probably get similar results from an axel back muffler delete.

I just wanted the whole system. But with ability to revert back to stock.
    With axel back the muffler would look new but the resonator aged.

The cats and headers would look the same with 20km or 20,000km

I say whole system cuz over time the headers and cats will be replaced with something else.
    Now, the headers, I might not touch this as it seems fairly decent from factory.

Looks like an equal length, 4to1 merged collector, stock. So no need to fudge around.

What I might do is remove some crap and wrap the headers and do a down pipe and single hi flow cat.

When i do this, i want to install a wideband, exhaust temp gauge.... Then wrap headers back to tip.

But first i need to coat the exhaust in something so the wrap doesnt rust the exhaust by soaking up salt.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Oh and sound wise.. Since my iphone wont record soumd on videos now, is a cross between a deep sounding honda crossed with a subaru sti , crossed with a skyline..

Its lumpy, growls, rumbles and grumbles has a slight Honda ish sound due to the small displacement inline 4.

But a hondas like a higher pitched "Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(vtech)WAHHHHHHHHHHHH. "
    This is more "DUUUUUUUUUUUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,... Brum-bum, pop,pop ummmmmmmmm - lumpy"

When I shift i have the same rich backfire I had with a skyline. And the subaru-ness is the loud then quiet rumble during whine down and idle but smoother like a inline 6 instead of a unequal length H-4 boxer .

Thanks
    i like that sound, id love to have that. If i aquire funds to do so id do it where u did it so i know its done right.

this exhaust was made at "zorro muffler/solo performance" at dundas and stanfield road in mississauga
    the other exhaust shop id HIGHLY recommend is "budget exhaust" in burlington on harvest road by walker line

either place is fully qualified and able to make a quality exhaust system and stand behind their product 100% and at a VERY reasonable price

as soon as I can get an audio recording Ill upload it

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    How much did the exhaust kill your low end?

Thanks
    post the sound video already. i wanna hear it before i do that same thing. also how has it affected fuel economy?