Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a different TTAC gives another take on the car (Micra S Review – Lively Lilliputian)

Thanks

a different TTAC gives another take on the car (Micra S Review – Lively Lilliputian)

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...y-lilliputian/

very positive, in fact it compares the car with another that i totally didnt' expect.

the only part i disagree is his take on the looks. I agree it's clearly aimed at women, lookswise, but I think it looks better than the new micra coming up. certainly better than that horrible smiley of last gen mazdas, or the pseudo minivan pudgy Fit 2015. or the fu manchu Yaris. or the cliched Aston wannabe Fiesta.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micrapolis For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-31-2015)

Thanks
    That was an interesting comparison. Didn't see that coming.

Positively glowing:

The bottom line: The Micra provided the most engaging and fun driving experience I’ve had in at least 12 months, and that includes all the 400+ horsepower cars that have graced my driveway over the same timeframe.
    However, the ever-present complaint about gearing:

Fifth gear in the manual box is too short for highway usage and bumps up fuel consumption a tad.
    I wonder if Nissan's listening.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

I knew it wasnt just me... 5th doea suck more gas then youd think. Im usin 1-4 and 5th for crusig and oversrive only from now on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Even though it's too short, 5th will always use less gas than 4th (or lower) as long as you aren't going into open loop to accelerate or hold speed (eg. floored, or nearly floored).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

But my car lives in open loop. Because racekar...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    So what will the new Micra look like ? Because from what I saw, it would be absolutely gorgious but that's a concept car, and not much chance this will remotely be reproduced into the general car market...

But if it really looks like that, I am bringing my micra back at the dealer for an exchange to the new one! lol! No way though the production model will look like that...

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...cept-revealed/
    Last edited by dani3d; 08-03-2015 at 11:13 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

50:50 between the sway concept and current model.

Thanks
    I think the sway concept car looks just like a Juke on steroides. It does not look one bit like the Micra, nor does it have the European look. It's too modern and futuristic, but it's cool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    I think the sway concept car looks just like a Juke on steroides. It does not look one bit like the Micra, nor does it have the European look. It's too modern and futuristic, but it's cool.
    But thats exactly what a "concept" is. The "extreme" version of a design. Then it gets softned to production level. I guess when I visualized the "production" model it makes sense to me. But I know what your saying.
    It just seems low for the juke, maybe pulsar?
    http://lavnissan.com/2016-nissan-pul...se-date-price/

Thanks
    no way it's looking like that, imo.

anyways, it reminds me of a rat face hehe