Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Micra 1.6L: acceleration, 0-100 km/h, 0-60 mph and top speed

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'd say they're quite respectable for such an inexpensive car. A few handling mods and a couple power mods and I think you'll have a real fun daily driver on your hands.

Thanks

no Nissan numbers

FYI: I asked Nissan's Micra marketing manager about acceleration/braking specs when I test drove the car in Montreal, and he said the company doesn't publish that info. They leave it up to media/owners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    FYI: I asked Nissan's Micra marketing manager about acceleration/braking specs when I test drove the car in Montreal, and he said the company doesn't publish that info. They leave it up to media/owners.
    Most likely would be a liability issue. If they published 0-60 specs, which are taken with the engine at wide open throttle in ideal conditions, people would expect that kind of performance every time they accelerate, whether up a hill, into the wind, and/or fully loaded. If they published 60-0 specs and someone crashed while driving within those specs due to, say, wet road conditions, worn brakes, the car being fully loaded, or some other factor, they might be held liable. Smart of them to leave it to the media.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    So, has anyone tried this yet? Just curious.

You can probably even get phone apps to do the timing.

I forgot about it when I was testing the SR automatic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

0-60

Things came together today for a good 0-60 test. I found a flat stretch of road where it was safe to accelerate up to 60 mph, it was humid but not much wind, and I found a phone app that measures performance, and I had the time. With half a tank of gas, windows up, no A/C, and my tools and work gear still in the boot, I managed to wring out a respectable 7.17 second run.

EDIT: I've reviewed the dash cam footage of my run, and it occurs to me that the application might not be 100% accurate. The actual run may have been at 8 seconds or so. I'll need to realign my dash cam so that it can pick up both the GPS speed and speedometer speed with a song playing in order to ensure the camera speed is properly calibrated.
    Last edited by AlphaMicra; 08-11-2014 at 05:50 PM.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Looks like that app was way off. I taped a camera to my steering column and let it record; I had time for one run today at my secret driving test facility. After reviewing the footage, and accounting for the speedometer reading faster than true speed, I determined that I managed a 0-60 run in 9.56 seconds. That was fully laden with my tools and gear, windows up, air conditioning off, just under 1/2 a tank of gas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for double-checking the app's accuracy. I've used a camera to do similar comparisons before, and it works OK.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for double-checking the app's accuracy. I've used a camera to do similar comparisons before, and it works OK.
    Yep, though I was initially excited when I made that post, the skeptical side of me said, "Check the dash cam footage!" I think I'll distrust performance information captured from a smart phone or tablet from now on, unless it's verified with video.

I'd like to do a run with my Micra emptied of all unnecessary weight.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    this is my video of 15-120km/h acceleration.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 10-17-2014 at 10:09 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzagnr For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-17-2014)

Thanks
    MotoringTV (Canada) did a test of the SR automatic to 100 km/h...

10 seconds.

Fits nicely with your last manual result, Alpha.