Thread: Quality boost for next generation Micra (autocar.co.uk news)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Quality boost for next generation Micra (autocar.co.uk news)

by John McIlroy
    22 July 2015

The next generation of the Nissan Micra will aim to win back customers with much-improved interior quality, according to the firm’s executive vice-president, Trevor Mann.

The current Micra has suffered because of poor perceived quality. However, Mann believes its successor - due next year and based heavily on the Nissan Sway concept from this year’s Geneva motor show - will be more worthy of the Micra name.

Although he said production of the car could, in theory, return to Nissan’s UK plant in Sunderland, he defended its current base in India.

“I don’t think you can blame India for the perception of quality,” he said. “You’ve got to blame the people who defined the product. The Micra’s not like that because it’s made in India. We have listened to feedback and I think you will see a big difference [in the next one].

“As for Sunderland, it was always a plant that was designed to be flexible. And it can make Micra. The debate is whether it can make it and make sense.”

Mann also said the Micra was likely to grow for its next incarnation - and this could open up room for a new, smaller Nissan city car.

“It’s always a possibility,” he said, “but I think if you look at that segment, there are still not huge volumes in Europe. It’s something that we will continue to study to see if there are opportunities.”

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...n-nissan-micra

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MicraK13NL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    its successor - due next year and based heavily on the Nissan Sway concept
    That timing makes it pretty sure the Mexican made Micra/March will continue to be sold in the current K13 form.

Selling a revised, up-market, larger Micra doesn't fit with Nissan's strategy in Canada, that's for sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I think the micra in Canada will remain the same or nearly the same for four years which is good for us.

Thanks
    Don't make it larger!
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

I pics i have seen just look a bit sharper lines loke the fiesta. More aggressive.
    Seemed to be the same size. The generation that was launched in canada was the last of its generation.
    I doubt nissans plan is to change the international march to the k14mk5 and still sell the k13mk4 here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...