Thread: Engine jerkin when A.C. Kicks in and out

Thanks

Engine jerkin when A.C. Kicks in and out

What is causing my Micra SR to jerk when the Air conditionning kicks in and out.
    Sounds like an electrical problem. Does anybody else experience this or it's normal.
    I never had AC before.
    It's rather irritating.

Thanks
    Probably has something to do with only having a 109 hp engine. Dealership may have another reason.

Thanks
    Normal. Depending on what the sensor sees it's compressor can kick in at idle every 3-10s. Its quite loud. There is a pretty significant power loss when it does kick in, and a loss of economy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Consider that the compressor for the Micra is engineered to cool larger Nissan vehicles. To keep costs down, we get parts from other Nissan vehicles, all of which are bigger. The good news is the relief offered by air conditioning comes on swiftly. The negative side effects are that this can leave the occupants feeling clammy, and significantly impacts engine power and economy. I offset the clammy feeling by dialing in a bit of heat.

Since you've never had air conditioning, I recommend you consider a condenser coil protection screen: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...tection-screen

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes. Be warned, it does nothing against raccoons. (But I really doubt anything will, but this does protect against stones!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    What is causing my Micra SR to jerk when the Air conditionning kicks in and out.
    Sounds like an electrical problem. Does anybody else experience this or it's normal.
    I never had AC before.
    It's rather irritating.
    Oh that is normal and you can feel it no matter what the throttle position is. It robs so much power and fuel economy out of this car it is crazy... it honestly feels like it needs 25% of total power available to run this a/c. Yesterday I literally wrung my micras neck going to Pearson International from Peterborough and back. It used over $30 in gas and was floored more often than not to keep up to traffic in the hammer lane.

Thanks
    I notice it being quite jerky when AC is on from 1200-3500RPM. It drives me crazy so I just cool my car down by blasting AC at stop lights and while parked and then disable it when I'm driving lol.